Sunday, July 12, 2009

A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM


Going back to that summer of 2006... there's just something about summer in San Diego, you can feel it in the air. Everything was just lovely. This was recorded while everything was still lovely. I made this the day before the 4th of July, where we had a party in the back area of our little apartment complex that overlooked Dusty Rhodes, a huge field. We could see the fireworks from Seaworld perfectly... It was a great party... Frisbee in the field, drinking beer from a keg with the neighbors, listening to good music. I set up my turntables outside, man it was beautiful... looking back, it really does seem like a dream.

About the mix, I wanted to get my uptempo records together. That's pretty much the idea, aside from the Shakespeare theme. I took a Shakespeare class in college. It was once a week, Monday morning at some crazy early hour like 9 or 10. Wouldn't have been so bad but I always worked Sunday nights at Fumari, the hookah bar downtown. It closed at 1am, so I got home around 2am and I'm supposed to have read a play a week? Amidst everything else I was up to, there was just no time for that. I read the online sparknotes and ended up doing all right after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment